OoM 013: How to Lead Your Family with Jackie Bledsoe
As a man, you will be called upon as a leader. In fact, it is one of the primary responsibilities of being a man. Most of the time we focus on how we can lead our team or business to success but my guest today, Jackie Bledsoe, makes the strong case for why leadership in your family is one of the most important roles you can take on as a man.
Meet Jackie Bledsoe
Jackie Bledsoe is a professional blogger, author, and speaker but, first and foremost, he is a husband and father, who encourages men to better lead and love their families through his blog, JackieBledsoe.com. He’s the author of the The 7 Rings of Marriage™, and with his wife, co-hosts The 7 Rings of Marriage Web Show, where they share practical marriage lessons, and interview other couples who have lasting and fulfilling marriages.
He’s also a contributor to All Pro Dad, Disney’s Babble.com, The Good Men Project, and Huffington Post. His work has been featured on Yahoo!, USA Football, MichaelHyatt.com, Black and Married with Kids, Coach Up, and more.
What You’ll Be Learning
- How to work with your spouse to make a successful home
- How to use failure as a launching point
- How to make it work if you work with your wife
- How to create your family’s ‘why’
- How leadership in your home is different than in the workplace
- How to set tangible goals for your family
- How to apply family leadership lessons outside the home
- Why you need other men in your life to keep you on track
- How to improve your level of communication
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Best Year Ever by Michael Hyatt
- 9 Ways to Balance AND Enjoy Your Busy Family Life by Jackie Bledsoe
- All Pro Dads
The GET Method
- Give-Lead by example and lead with value. Always give first.
- Encourage-Be a positive influence in your family’s life. Your children and family need it.
- Teach-Teach from our experiences. We have certain experiences in our lives that our children and family can learn from.