Building wealth – that’s what I want to talk with you about today. I know a lot of people are jaded with the whole process. Unscrupulous financial advisors, unnecessary fees, complex products, industry jargon, and a whole host of issues that keep you from building massive amounts of wealth in your life.
My guest today, Dr. Daniel Crosby, is on a mission to help bring some of the clarity and control back into your life and finally help you start taking charge of your money!
“Behavioral finance is simply finance that incorporates the messiness of human behavior.” — Daniel Crosby
Dr. Daniel Crosby
Dr. Daniel Crosby, a behavioral finance expert and sought after thought leader on market psychology, is the founder of Nocturne Capital.
Dr. Crosby created the sentiment and valuation measures that serve as the overlay for Nocturne’s tactical strategy. His ideas have appeared in the Huffington Post, Think Advisor, and Risk Management, as well as columns for WealthManagement.com and Investment News.
Daniel was named one of Investment News “40 Under 40” and a “financial blogger you should be reading” by AARP.
Daniel’s second book, “Personal Benchmark”, co-authored with Charles Widger of Brinker Capital, was a New York Times bestseller that outlines a highly personalized approach to investing that aligns intention with action while fostering an investment experience that is both enjoyable and rational.
He’s got a new book, The Laws of Wealth, which is what he’s here to talk with us about today!
“You need to worry about the results YOU need to live the life YOU want to live.” Tweet That— Daniel Crosby
Show Highlights and What You’ll Learn
- What is “behavioral finance” and why it’s important
- The pros and cons of human and computers managing wealth
- Why and how to create your own personal economy
- Why easy and simple and better than difficult and complex
- The power of creating personal benchmarks
- Why hiring a financial advisor won’t solve ALL your financial problems
- Common questions you should ask you financial advisor
- The destructive power of inflation
- The difference between active and passive investing
- The four C’s of rule-based investing
- What to do before you start investing
“You wouldn’t pay more for a Kia than a Mercedez but that’s what happens in the mutual fund world.” Tweet That— Daniel Crosby
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED
Connect with Daniel Crosby
“Luck always follows persistence.” Tweet That— Daniel Crosby