I’ve never met a man who didn’t have his next million-dollar-idea. Ideas are a dime a dozen. What seems to be missing in the majority of scenarios is ACTION.
My guest today, Jake Nackos, tells us how to find your passion project and, more importantly, what you need to do to turn that next business idea into a career reality.
“It’s not always easy but I got to the point where I needed to sink or swim.” Tweet That— Jake Nackos
Meet Jake Nackos
Jake Nackos is the founder and CEO of Arvo watches. Arvo is a minimalist watch brand that was started as a side project in 2013 to learn about small business and provide opportunities to give back to its community. Jake and his wife Ashley now run Arvo full time and have stuck to the core values of doing good.
Jake loves working and the fun challenges of his “Arvo baby”, however his family is a number one priority. As father of a 15 month old rascal, Leo, the real challenge is teaching him to grow up with strong values and goals that will help him to be successful throughout life.
“Not only have I learned skills for business but I’ve gained passions for things I didn’t know about.” Tweet That— Jake Nackos
What You’ll Be Learning
- How to work with your wife on a side project
- The first step to launching a side project
- How to make lucrative contacts for your new business
- The biggest learning curve to starting a business
- How to overcome setbacks and failures
- How to market your new company in a unique way
- How to build a business that plays to your strengths
- The greatest fear to starting a business
- How to decide what tasks to delegate
“We might be a company but we’re trying to connect with our community and have fun at the same time.” Tweet That— Jake Nackos