If you’re anything like me, you spend a lot of time fixing things up around the house. As frustrating as it can be at times, I love that I can start and complete a project with my own hands. It doesn’t always turn out the best but there is something to be said for a man who is handy around the tools.
Today, we talk with Jeff Patterson from Home Repair Tutor all about DIY home repair, what tools every guy needs to have, how to save money on home repairs and renovations, and where you can get the very best home repair tips.
“If you get into trouble with your home, you can get out of it if you learn to use a set of tools.” Tweet That— Jeff Patterson
Meet Jeff Patterson
I’m excited to be introducing you to Jeff Petterson. I have been following Jeff’s work for some time because I really enjoy working on projects around the house (I’m currently working on a fence and the roof to our children’s treehouse).
Not only is Jeff and handyman expert, he is also a real estate entrepreneur (which you’ll hear a little bit about in our conversation).
His big focus is on teaching simple home repair projects. You’ll hear in his interview that he has a passion for helping his fans complete their own DIY experiments.
I’m a huge fan of his YouTube videos (they’ve been viewed more than 2,000,000 times). Mostly because his approach to home improvement and repair is extremely simple, thoughtful, and they inspire me to get going on some of the projects I’ve been putting off.
“The very first year we lived in our house, we needed a new roof, hot water tank, and a boiler.” Tweet That— Jeff Patterson
What You’ll Be Learning
- How to develop DIY skills around the house
- How to learn the best tips from the pros
- How to know when to do the work yourself or contract the work out
- The most common problems around the house
- The best tools to have in your toolbox
- The best place to store your tools in confined or limited spaces
- How to determine if you should rent or buy a certain tool
- How to turn passions into profit
- How to get your kids involved in the the learning process
“Picking up tips from pro contractors is one of the best things you can do.” Tweet That— Jeff Patterson
“If you’re going to cause danger to yourself or your home, you need to call a pro.” Tweet That— Jeff Patterson
Connect with Jeff Patterson
- Website: www.homerepairtutor.com
- Website: www.bathroomrepairtutor.com
- Facebook: Home Repair Tutor
- Twitter: @homerepairtutor
- YouTube: Home Repair Tutor
“Look on Craigslist for a deal on tools and when you’re done, sell it back on Craigslist.” Tweet That— Jeff Patterson