Your level of fitness is a cornerstone of your responsibilities and duties as a man. But, if you’re anything like me, it can be difficult to maintain consistency at the gym and with what you eat.
This week, my guest and I and, talk about what you can do to build a consistent nutrition and fitness program, why you should track everything you’re doing, and, my favorite, how you can eat more pizza and ice cream and still reach your fitness goals.
“I tried to keep track of everything I ate and figure out what the results were.” Tweet That— Chad V. Holtkamp
Meet Chad V. Holtkamp
Please welcome Chad V. Holtkamp, author of the new book, Work Out, Pig Out: A Year of Losing Fat, Gaining Muscle, and Eating Lots of Ice Cream. The book is a monthly chronicle of over a dozen diet and exercise plans he followed throughout 2014.
He also runs the blog HomeGymStrong.com, works out nearly every day in his own home gym, and is a successful recruiter for a large professional services firm. Alex P. Keaton was his idol growing up so he loves getting to wear a suit to work every day. And he looks good doing it.
Chad lives in Chicago with his wife and they escape the Windy City as often as possible to hit the beaches of Florida and the Caribbean for snorkeling and sailing.
“I workout a lot and I eat a lot but I have found that I can balance them out.” Tweet That— Chad V. Holtkamp
What You’ll Be Learning
- Why documenting your workouts and eating habits is so important
- The power of improving your memory
- How to get back on track with your fitness and nutrition goals
- How and why you should experiment with your diet and nutrition
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Forty Day Worout by Dan John
- Ben Greenfield Fitness
- 180 Degree Health
- Strong First Kettlebell Training
- Scott Able
“I wasn’t focused on losing weight for the beach. I just focused on getting stronger.” Tweet That— Chad V. Holtkamp
Connect with Chad V. Holtkamp
- Website: www.chadvholtkamp.com
- Website: www.homegymstrong.com
- Facebook: Chad V. Holtkamp Fitness
- Twitter: @ChadVHoltkamp