134: Unfu*k Yourself | Gary John Bishop
At times, we tend to get into our own heads and become our own worst enemies. We often write off anyone who happens to disagree with us, puts us down in any way, and label them as “haters.”
But it’s our natural tendency – especially as high achieving men – to be our harshest critics. It’s valuable at times and drives us to do great things and, other times, it creates unnecessary barriers to our success. My guest today, Gary John Bishop, author of Unfu*ck Yourself joins be to talk about how to redefine yourself by becoming unrealistic, how to uncover the narratives we tell ourselves, the difference between knowing something and being aware of something, and how to get out of your head and into your life.
Gary John Bishop
Gentlemen, my guest today is Gary John Bishop.
He is a personal development expert and the author of Unfu*ck Yourself – which is a book I just picked up to read a couple weeks ago.
In reading it, I can appreciate Gary’s no-nonsense approach to human development, and high-powered mentoring. And, I knew right away I had to get him on the show.
He’s worked with top athletes and Fortune 500 executives in his personal development career.
This guy is real. He’s raw. He tells it like it is and pulls no punches which is exactly what we, as men, might just need in order to come to some realizations about our own lives, how to get out of our own heads, and out of our own way.
- How to get out of your head
- How to develop a no-nonsense approach to life
- The critical difference between affirmations and personal assertions
- Why self-help is inferior to self-development and growth
- How to uncover the narratives you tell yourself
- Understanding the study of Oncology and how it applies to your growth
- The difference between being wrong and being inaccurate
- How to become more present in your life
- The power of telling yourself you’re an asshole
- Why we should not concern ourselves with the past and the future
- The difference between knowing something and being aware of something
- How to redefine yourself by being unrealistic
- How to interrupt the notion of who you already are
The Iron Council
Gentlemen, just a quick break to tell you about our exclusive brotherhood, The Iron Council. This is a really important time of year inside the Iron Council as we are just launching our new Battle Plans for Q4.
We as brothers are not concerned with New Year’s resolutions. We’re concerned with ending this year on a high note. And, that is exactly what the Battle Plan is going to help you with. We’ve got system for identifying your top priorities in each of four quadrants, developing the tactics or steps you can take each day, and the tools for tracking your progress towards your objective. And, of course, you’re going to have the accountability that comes from working with 300 other men and (and 15 men in your Battle Team) who are going to help you succeed.
If you are interested, I invite you and encourage you to join us at www.orderofman.com/ironcouncil. See you inside.