Self-made man: it’s a term that gets tossed around a lot. And, while there’s certainly an exciting element to being a man who creates his own luck, the reality paints a different story. In fact, no man ever made it on his own.
Today, I talk with Jason McCarthy, retired Green Beret and the founder of GoRuck about communication, building rapport, and team building strategies from the special forces and GoRuck.
“Everybody has this longing to be human.” Tweet That— Jason McCarthy
Along with his team of military members, GoRuck’s goal is serve as a voice for good, employ more Veterans of Special Operations than any organization outside the US military, and build a bridge between the military and civilian worlds.
Show Highlights and What You’ll Learn
- Why endurance events and obstacle course racing is gaining traction
- Why the struggle makes you stronger
- How to build confidence
- How to develop leadership
- How to build support structures in your life
- The importance of communication
- How to build rapport and trust with your team
“We all just need to be a little tougher and we need exposure to what that looks like.” Tweet That— Jason McCarthy
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED
“Is life about KNOWING or is life about DOING?!” Tweet That— Jason McCarthy